Top Ten Best Parts of My NAEA2014 Experience:
10. Like, OMG, just getting to go to NAEA. So, blessed!
09. All. of. the. presentations. I'm still marinating.
08. Getting to support students from my alma mater whom were making their first presentations too. Can you imagine being an undergrad and presenting at NAEA?! Yup, they're pretty impressive people.
07. Taking my mentor out to breakfast at the Hilton. I felt like such a grown-up, y'all. She is the reason I ever think critically about my practice, ever.
06. Presenting at a national conference. I think I did okay.
05. Getting to be a in a picture with these ArtEd blogging giants. Seriously, I'm small-time; I felt very humbled! And, isn't The Art of Ed's booth killer-cool? Plus, Jessica Balsley is a super nice.
|Not my pic. It is by Mr. Balsley, and was original posted on the Art of Ed's FB wall.|
04. Meeting Cassie Stephens. She's even cooler in real-life, y'all.
03. Not realizing I was in a picture with one of my heroes, Ian Sands, until it was posted on social media. I didn't even get to "meet" him. Ian- if you're reading this- OMG I'm fangirling all over you in NOLA. Advance apologies.
02. I met Phyl of There's a Dragon in my Art Room. No words. She is beyond cool and awesome.
01. Meeting and then getting to present with Cheri Lloyd. Cheri is a rockstar, and I'm pretty much humbled by just how kick-butt her art department -which she made- is. Also, I'm not sure if you noticed or not (was my screaming about it across social media sites not enough for you?!), but Cheri was featured in Tricia Fuglested's visual notes from NAEA2014.
|Work by Tricia Fuglested|
Top Ten Most Hilarious Things I Did/Happened to Me at NAEA2014:
Oh, wait. I shouldn't share that online. Nevermind. But, if you didn't make it this year. . .I hope to see you in NOLA.