Tomorrow, I go back to school. I know for some of you in the New England area, this sounds terribly early. . .But, keep in mind, my last day of school was May 31st, so I've had a pretty nice size summer vacation.
Since I didn't blog too much over the summer (at all really), here's a quick view of what went down:
1. The last day of school; May 31st, we waved good-bye
2. On June 4th, I began my E.d.S. in Inclusive Education. I had a good study buddy.
3. I presented at the 20th Annual Model Schools Conference
4. I hung out with old colleagues. Here are some of my favorite former co-workers (from the private school)
5. I bought a DSLR Nikon camera. I gave my old point-and-shoot to one of my siblings in Kenya, and had been using my school's point-and-shoot all school-year. Since my mom is a professional photographer, I figured it was time to buy a legit camera for all my camera needs (they are endless). Here is my Mom doing her thing.
6. I modeled in a plus-size fashion show. It was very liberating
7. My mom and I collaborated for a visual for one of my grad school projects, which focused on her home town. This is her (the smaller one) on the steps of her grandmother's house.
8. I rested a lot; so did my spoiled furry children
9. I dyed my hair white-blonde. Well, I didn't, my amazing hairdresser did.
10. I got faux hardwoods installed and inherited some amazing new-to-me leather furniture. You can see I have some decorating reconciliation to do!
11. I wrote over 80 pages of research stemming from peer-reviewed sources.
12. I got to present my Model Schools presentation for my local school leadership. There were more people in attendance than I expected; it was awesome!
13. I visited a new public garden not twenty minutes from my house. They have a large, and incredible Japanese garden.
14. I went to Lake Wedowee with some fun women
15. I worked on my photography skills
16. I framed 20 pieces of student artwork for the hallways of my school
17. I bought some much needed art supplies during the back-to-school sales
Tomorrow, I head back to school! If you are already back, I hope you are having a great time. . . And ,if you are still enjoying your summer, may it be awesome!